Available for Limited Time at Introductory Prices
7 Steps to Better Writing is a writing guide for those needing to prepare informative documents—emails, blog posts, web pages, memos, letters, news releases, sales proposals, white papers, presentations, speeches, manuals, and technical and financial reports. It covers 99% of what you need to know to write well, yet the book has only 40,000 words. You can read it in 3 hours. If you do, it will immediately improve your writing. However, be assured; this book contains hundreds of tips. You will come back to it again and again to solve your writing problems and to reveal the secrets of clear writing.
The book teaches a 7-step process that simplifies and improves the writing process. These simple steps take the mystery out of writing. You don’t have to be born with talent to succeed at business writing—you just need simple, easy to apply steps. The book will help you quickly learn and apply these steps.
Furthermore, you will learn how to make better use of technology—word processing, outlining, text reading, voice recognition, grammar and style checking, note taking, brainstorming, and research software.
The book contains everything essential to improve your writing. There’s no fluff. You’ll accomplish what you want while saving time and effort.
If you want to improve you writing, this book is for you.
7 Steps to Better Writing Will Help You
- Avoid wasted effort
- Think more clearly
- Develop convincing arguments
- Overcome writer’s block
- Compose quickly
- Edit more effectively
- Proofread rapidly and thoroughly
- Use technology to simplify the writing process
- Communicate your message with power and earn the respect you deserve
You will learn the tips, tricks, and techniques that will transform you into an effective writer.
I has written professionally for more than 40 years as an engineer, financial analyst, manager, and ghostwriter. Having written a wide range of informative documents, I know what succeeds and what does not. I have distilled the writing process into 7 powerful steps. I have taught this process and seen it work in industries as varied as mining and health care.
What You Will Learn
- The 7 steps to effective writing
- The science of written communication
- How to guide the cognitive activity of your readers
- When to write and when not to write
- Placing yourself in your reader’s frame of mind
- How to determine your purpose
- The importance of collecting your resources
- Hints on how to find your theme
- Ways to brainstorm your message
- The importance of order
- How to draft quickly
- Why writing can change your thinking
- Steps to tune up your language
- Techniques for proofing your document
- Common grammar errors and how to avoid them
- Language usage—how to say what, when, under what circumstances
- Making the most of word processing software, especially Microsoft Word
- Using text reading software
- The importance of active verbs
- How to subjugate details
- How to avoid categorical writing
- Techniques for making your writing more analytical
- Ways to avoid abstractions
- Methods to prune your language
- Writing for clarity
- Writing with life and spirit
- The power of simple words, brief sentences, and short paragraphs
- Making a call for action